Central Bedfordshire Council Community Grant Scheme is Open
08 January 2018
The Central Bedfordshire Council Community Grant Scheme is now open for submission of grant applications. Funding is to support Central Bedfordshire residents, with the overall aim of avoiding unneccessary hospital/institutional care admissions. Applications for grant funding must be submitted by Friday 16 February.
A total of £100,000 is available for the 2018/19 Financial year to support Central Bedfordshire Residents.
The aim of this funding is to support the following key objectives:
- Avoiding unnecessary and inappropriate admissions to hospital
- Supporting people to return home after a hospital stay
- Avoiding inappropriate admission to institutional care (care home)
The funding should support one or more of the following outcomes for adults:
- People are able to live independently at home
- People are able to participate in their local community
- People are not socially isolated or lonely
- People feel safe, secure, valued and respected
The total funding available for all the schemes in 2018/19 Financial Year is £100,000. Bids will be accepted for funding between £200 and £10,000 and we will be seeking to achieve allocation across a range of funding levels. iBCF funding of £10,000 will be available for 2019/20 and invitations to bid for this will be published in due course. This grant application must be for one year only, however if your scheme could run for further years you should indicate this within your application.
Applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Place Based – schemes should be identified as worthwhile by local people and be developed and delivered by people in the local community.
- Sustainability – schemes should include suggestions for becoming self-sustaining over time should they prove successful.
- Clarity of impact – schemes should clearly describe how they will support one or more of the outcomes described.
- Geographical Spread – there is an intention to ensure all areas within Central Bedfordshire benefit from this Grant.
- Innovation and Risk – innovative ideas are encouraged alongside tried and tested schemes so as to provide a spread of opportunities.
- Additionality – extent to which the scheme provides new opportunities to local people rather than supporting an existing scheme.
Funding is for revenue costs, and for not for profit organisations, community groups, charities, social enterprises and individuals - criteria apply.
The application form is available here, and completed forms should be submitted by email to email@example.com