There are many reasons to volunteer. Here are just a few:
- Volunteering is very rewarding for those who have found the right opportunities. You will have the satisfaction of being part of a group working together to achieve goals in supporting the community.
- Volunteering helps to prepare for paid employment. It builds confidence, you will meet new people, learn new skills, get a reference and have experience to add to your CV.
- Volunteering is an excellent way to support the causes that matter to you.
We link people who want to volunteer in Bedfordshire, with organisations who need volunteers. You don’t have to give a lot of time, you tell us when you are free to volunteer and how regularly you wish to do so and we will look for an opportunity that fits.
There are lots of things to choose from: administration, conservation, befriending the elderly or someone with a disability, driving, charity shop work, mentoring ex-offenders & plenty of other opportunities.
Ready to Volunteer?
If you are interested in volunteering locally, we suggest that you do the following:
- Use our on-line role search facility to browse for available vacancies in Bedfordshire.
- Register as a volunteer on Volunteer Connect to indicate your interest in any available positions and (optionally) allow organisations to contact you if they think they have opportunities that you are suitable for.
- Visit us at 43 Bromham Road in Bedford and we will talk to you about the experience you are looking for and help you to link to organisations that need people like you.
- Follow our website news feeds, and our social media posts to read more about volunteering and stay in touch with the latest opportunities and guidance.
Our one-to-one recruitment sessions are held on Thursdays weekly. Just drop in at 43 Bromham Road, Bedford, MK40 2AA between 10:00am and 1.00 pm. If Bedford is not convenient for you, keep a look out on our events pages to find other convenient locations where we will be running volunteer recruitment sessions.
If you are aged 13-19, and you find opportunities through us and we will help you to gain certification for your volunteering. If you are living in Central Bedfordshire, we have a Youth Action project designed to help you with volunteering.